As The Family Man season 2 premieres on Amazon Prime Video on June 4, Subhash K Jha lists five things to watch out for.
1. The series’ highlight is Samantha Akkineni. A single, solitary, woman, haunted by her imperfect past and tense about her present.
She plays Rajalaxmi almost like a Clark Kent-Superman split personality.
On Chennai’s crowded bus and at her workplace, she is a docile, submissive working woman, taking sexual harassment in her stride.
But then her violent past erupts and boy, does she hit back.
Watch out for Samantha’s kickass combat sequence at the beginning of the third episode.
2. The story moves forward from where it left it off in Season One at a chemical factory in Delhi, where a terrorist planned to release toxic fumes that would kill most of Delhi.
Rest assured, Delhi is safe.
Now, Chennai is under threat.
But Shrikant (Manoj Bajpayee) is no more a part of the special tasks force custom-built to deal with such national emergencies. But then again…
3. Shrikant Tiwari is struggling with his 9-5 white collar job, just to keep his family together.
He takes all the bullying from his boss, played by Kaustubh Kumar, who for better or worse will be known as the ‘Minimum Guy’ for the rest of his life.
Bajpayee’s retaliatory violence against his bullying boss is so savagely funny, only he could pull it off with such a straight face.
4. India has another female prime minister, or so we are told.
She is played by the enormously talented Seema Biswas.
Seema’s prime ministerial act is a steel-willed force of nature.
5. Look out for a clever and sly tribute to Sholay in Episode 1 and to Salman Khan in Episode 3.
This is one sequel you can comfortably count on to not let you down.
Source: Read Full Article