Meghan Markle's father Thomas has said she "deceived" people after she apologised for forgetting about giving authorisation to a senior aide to brief the authors of her biography.
The 77 year old, who recently said "childish" Meghan and Prince Harry only care about money, appeared on GB News on Thursday 11 November to speak out about the revelations by the royal couple's former press secretary Jason Knauf in High Court.
Knauf shared his witness testimony at the Court of Appeal, where Mail on Sunday appealed against 40 year old Meghan's recent privacy win, explaining that Meghan and Prince Harry, 37, had "authorised specific cooperation in writing" in December 2018 with the authors of Finding Freedom.
Meghan and Harry's spokesperson said last year the couple "did not collaborate with the authors on the book, nor were they interviewed for it".
Knauf also said she wrote a letter to her father knowing it could be leaked to the media.
Now, Meghan's father Thomas has slammed her after claiming she's "deceived" people. He said: "I cant speak to much about this but I think she was trying to deceive. I think she was telling lies.
"Finally the truth is coming out and thank god for Jason Knauf."
He added: "I would like him to come over so I can take him out for a steak."
Meghan said she had forgotten email exchanges with her then press secretary Knauf about a meeting with the authors of the book, Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand.
Become an OK! VIP and see all our exclusives – for free!
Become an OK! VIP and you will unlock access to all of our big exclusives…
Be the first to meet the latest showbiz babies, see the most sought after wedding pictures of the year, or take a guided tour around your favourite star's lavish multi-million pound home – all for free!
Sign up here
Meghan apologised in her witness statement, where she accepted that Knauf did brief the authors of Finding Freedom with Meghan's knowledge.
She said: "I apologise to the Court for the fact that I had not remembered these exchanges at the time.
"I had absolutely no wish or intention to mislead the Defendant or the Court."
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
The Duchess added that had she known about the emails she would have been "more than happy to refer to them" as "strongly" supportive of her case.
She added: "Not only do I refer to the background information shared with Mr Knauf as 'reminders', as much of it was information that he had already requested of me dating back to 2016 when he had asked me for a timeline relating to my family to enable him to engage with the media on enquiries, it is also a far cry from the very detailed personal information that the Defendant alleges that I wanted or permitted to put into the public domain."
The Duchess added: "Had I wanted to have my private letter shared in this book, as the defendant falsely claims, this clearly would have been an opportunity to do so."
Stay up to date with all the latest on Meghan Markle by signing up to OK!'s daily celebrity newsletter.
Source: Read Full Article